Selt broken 2080ti

ATH: Einungis er leyfð sala á tölvum og tölvutengdum búnaði.
VARÚÐ: Verðlöggur eru leyfðar með þeim takmörkunum að ýtrustu kurteysi er krafist af þeim.

Höfundur
Agris
has spoken...
Póstar: 174
Skráði sig: Fim 12. Ágú 2021 04:39
Staða: Tengdur

Selt broken 2080ti

Pósturaf Agris » Fim 11. Apr 2024 21:03

Broken asus gaming 2080ti

Gpu gets detected but nothing more

Síðast breytt af Agris á Lau 27. Apr 2024 15:41, breytt samtals 1 sinni.

ribs
Nýliði
Póstar: 17
Skráði sig: Mið 08. Feb 2023 18:51
Staða: Ótengdur

Re: (ts) broken 2080ti

Pósturaf ribs » Fim 11. Apr 2024 22:31

@jonsig ?
jonsig skrifaði:

Ah, ég hefði átt að undirstrika vinsældir. Ég stafaði gálga vitlaust. Ekki taka stafsetningu mína of bókstaflega.Ég svara PM

Skjámynd

jonsig
Skjákortaníðingur
Póstar: 4983
Skráði sig: Sun 06. Jan 2008 22:28
Staðsetning: Reykjavík

Pósturaf jonsig » Fös 12. Apr 2024 13:03

Vram er oft fubar í turing kynslóðinni. Ef það er búið að reyna baka það þá er það = 0kr annars alveg worth a try.

Höfundur
Agris
has spoken...

Pósturaf Agris » Fös 12. Apr 2024 19:26

jonsig skrifaði:Vram er oft fubar í turing kynslóðinni. Ef það er búið að reyna baka það þá er það = 0kr annars alveg worth a try.

Haven't tried baking haha, but maybe worth a try

KrissiBT
Nýliði
Póstar: 23
Skráði sig: Mið 26. Mar 2014 11:56

Pósturaf KrissiBT » Lau 13. Apr 2024 13:48

ive had some good results baking 1070cards
i could give it a try for you if you want

Skjámynd

jonsig
Skjákortaníðingur

Pósturaf jonsig » Lau 13. Apr 2024 19:09

KrissiBT skrifaði:ive had some good results baking 1070cards

Myndi athuga mats/mods fyrst ef þetta er bilað vram, jafnvel athuga bios bilun.

Að baka skjákort er amateur practice.

Höfundur
Agris
has spoken...

Pósturaf Agris » Mið 24. Apr 2024 22:07

Up

Skjámynd

tobbi11
Ofur-Nörd
Póstar: 260
Skráði sig: Lau 18. Okt 2014 18:50

Pósturaf tobbi11 » Fös 26. Apr 2024 21:09

KrissiBT skrifaði:ive had some good results baking 1070cards

really? were they dead and baking brought them back or did they work poorly and baking made them more stable?

to my understanding baking worked on some cards back in the day because of some low quality materials used that caused the fault in the first place
and baking at the right temp could "reseat" or "reconnect" the poor quality material while leaving the rest of the card "safe"

but I've been wrong before so if baking worked with 1070 cards
I am really curious what their state was before and after and what temperature you used?
Síðast breytt af tobbi11 á Fös 26. Apr 2024 21:34, breytt samtals 1 sinni.

The conquest of nature is to be achieved through number and measure... and overclocking

KrissiBT
Nýliði
Póstar: 23
Skráði sig: Mið 26. Mar 2014 11:56

Pósturaf KrissiBT » Lau 27. Apr 2024 01:58

I used to work in a mining Datacenter and made deal with the owner of the hardware that I would keep a cut of all the cards I bought back to life.
Witch mainly intaled looking over bad components and cleaning oxides of the cards
But the batch of cards that I saved with the oven method had over heated I think, I'm not quite sure. But anyways I baked around 10 of them and got maybe 7 back from the dead.
So yea maybe not the best way of repair a decent last result if all other options have been ruled out.

Previous condition of the cards was to not be detecteby the computer and ether did a fan spin loop or no fan spin at all

Skjámynd

tobbi11
Ofur-Nörd
Póstar: 260
Skráði sig: Lau 18. Okt 2014 18:50

Pósturaf tobbi11 » Lau 27. Apr 2024 10:22

KrissiBT skrifaði:I used to work in a mining Datacenter and made deal with the owner of the hardware that I would keep a cut of all the cards I bought back to life.
Witch mainly intaled looking over bad components and cleaning oxides of the cards
But the batch of cards that I saved with the oven method had over heated I think, I'm not quite sure. But anyways I baked around 10 of them and got maybe 7 back from the dead.
So yea maybe not the best way of repair a decent last result if all other options have been ruled out.

Previous condition of the cards was to not be detectibly the computer and ether did a fan spin loop or no fan spin at all

appreciate the answer,
I am not doubting that those cards came back but I would like to take a blind stab at why it worked despite the oven and not because of it.
a 1070 card running stock in a datacenter is not a place that's likely for it to bypass it's bios safety measures and cook it self to death,
and then cooking them more really shouldn't help

what I think is likely, especially in a large data center, that a few cards are bound to have slightly lose fitted heatsinks. the margin for error is tilted for that on purpose since it's an easier to deal with then broken screws.
then the "not so great" stock thermal paste dries out making portion of the gpu die loose contact with the heatsink usually resulting in a boot loop but on rare occasions a dead card.

my guess is you used modest temperature for the oven and did a good job cleaning it and reseating the heatsink and and since the Pascal cards as a hole are very well made with very high quality materials they didn't mind a little sweat session :-"
Síðast breytt af tobbi11 á Sun 28. Apr 2024 00:39, breytt samtals 1 sinni.

The conquest of nature is to be achieved through number and measure... and overclocking

rannaf
Fiktari
Póstar: 54
Skráði sig: Sun 16. Maí 2010 18:00

Re: Selt broken 2080ti

Pósturaf rannaf » Lau 27. Apr 2024 18:26

Væri gaman ef kaupandi láti vita hvernig tekst til með að laga kortið, seljandi var búinn að samþykkja að selja mér kortið en hætti svo að svara. Sagði eftir 7 á morgun I skilaboðum ég hringi og sendi skilaboð kl 9 en fæ engin svör. Daginn eftir Svarar hann seint um að kortið sé selt og gefur mér ekki tækifæri að matcha hitt boðið. Frekar súrt.
Ég ætlaði að gera heiðarlega tilraun til að gera við það og setja I vél fyrir dóttur mína, ef kaupandi ætlar sér ekki að reyna laga það eða hefur ekki not fyrir kortið þá er ég ennþá til í að kaupa það :)

Skjámynd

jonsig
Skjákortaníðingur

Pósturaf jonsig » Sun 28. Apr 2024 23:34

KrissiBT skrifaði:I used to work in a mining Datacenter and made deal with the owner of the hardware that I would keep a cut of all the cards I bought back to life.

So when they (Gpus) died two days later did you give full refund to owner ?

Stop spreading this BS, and giving gullible people stupid idieas how to waste their money.
Proper electronics repair on this level needs highly trained technician for the job.
Síðast breytt af jonsig á Sun 28. Apr 2024 23:35, breytt samtals 1 sinni.